Thursday, August 28, 2014

~ Hello D-U-B-A-I ~

Hi Lovelies
You read it correctly, I Danielle (Dede, Dan, D, Poopy,etc) have gone far far away to a new land! After much back and forth, I threw caution to the wind and followed my heart and gut to the "City of Gold," Dubai that is! The boyfriend recently relocated here for work and asked me to join him for this adventure. Being the New Yorker that I am, my first thought was a definite NO but after some thinking and soul searching I realized I am more than just one label and if I went back to my roots I am if anything a bit of a gypsy! I've dreamed of taking a break from where I call home the Big Apple and see what other cities have to offer. I've always wanted a live a full life where happiness, adventure, and love drive me to new heights so in the end I hopped on my luxurious flight (I flew Emirates Airlines but they did loose my bags for two days which isn't cool but I survived! Thank goodness I planned ahead and packed a few essential wardrobe pieces that sufficed with a quick trip to the mall for a dress of a night out), and set out to see what Dubai and shit this side of the world would bring me.
I arrived about a week ago, and it's been a whirlwind! I'll spare you the details about my first day which was just one big love fest as I had not seen the boyfriend for about two and a half months but it was all in all a wonderful day. I spent the rest of the weekend brunching at the most luxurious Jazz brunch this former Brooklynite could have imagined; going to the Mall of Emirates which is as grand as you would imagine being the largest mall in the world; and settling into life here. The rest of my time as been spent exploring the city a bit while the bf is at work, honing my cooking skills, relaxing by the sea, and the dreaded job hunting!


I have been talking about re-vamping my blog and this fresh start is the perfect platform! In the coming weeks you'll see a new and improved Moda from Dusk 'til Dawn. I have never been so keen on the standard photoshoots that go hand and hand with having a fashion oriented blog so to make this ole girl more me I will start vlogging as well for the bigger posts. I just think I'm less camera shy when video is invovled! Weird I know but I've never been called "normal"! I have a few tricks up my sleeve so stay tuned!

Here are a few pictures from my first week!



Jazz Brunch at Jumeriah Zabeel Saray - So stunning!
My sample of desserts from the buffet at brunch at Zabeel Saray.
The inside of Jumeriah Zabeel Saray

The entrance to Jumeriah Zabeel Saray

Not only do they have Bloomingdales they even have Magnolia Bakery!

6 years later, Nando's and I have been reunited!!

Seriously, who wouldn't move here for this kid??

My attempt at being cool and international.. haha



Burj Khalifa- the tallest building in the world!


Feeling free as a bird!! Hello Dubai!!



In a bit darlings, back to the beach for me!

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

You can reach me at modafromdusktildawn@gmail.com with any questions, possible collaborations, or if you just wanted to say hello x

Fashion minded bohemian rocker who's just moved to Dubai! Check out all my adventures here!

Labels

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

top social

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Find Us On Facebook